Friday 19 April 2013

Why blog? First time for everything...

Hi!
My name is Fran, I am a type 1 diabetic living in rural NSW Australia.
My up bringing was far from the norm and when you throw type 1 diabetes into the mix it can make for some interesting life stories!
From talking to other diabetics over the years, I've come to realise that what I went through as a kid and now as an adult, is rather different from what most others went through as juvenile diabetics, I've also realised that no two type 1s are the same. While we all might have the same disease, we all have different lives and other complications that all contribute to how we manage our day to day lives living with diabetes. 
While some of the events in my life will sound horrible, I dont want this blog to be a sad story of my life. I want this blog to be an uplifting and motivating reminder that "You can do it". And that no matter what you might be going through, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We all have our ups and downs!
I am actually starting this blog at a time in my life where i feel a little out of control and burnt out. I am hoping that if i continue to write you will see my transformation into the healthy person I want to be.
And who knows, it may help someone in the same situation and give them hope. Life can get better, we all know living with diabetes isnt easy, but sticking together makes life a lot happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment